09 February 2006

Not Slippery When Wet – Lexus Misses Mark

A strange campaign from Lexus has made its way into the Minneapolis skyway. What appears to be tire marks on the floor lead up to a sign that looks like a highway warning sign that reads “not slippery when wet.” The tire marks continue to a mounted sign on the skyway sign promoting the new Lexus all-wheel drive model. I hope they didn’t pay too much for this work. Well, frankly, if they paid for it they’ve paid too much. Why would they have their car driving in the skyway and then up a wall? Oh, right, because the skyway is always wet and the car didn’t slip as it drove up the wall. No wait, the warning sign is warning us that it is not slippery when wet. So why do I need an all-wheel drive car? It also looks like the tires ran over the highway sign, so I guess that says something about the powerful engine. The tire marks seem like it was a clown car that may have driven up the wall. I want to leave a fez there in honor of the Shriner that drove up that wall and then disappeared. Perhaps the poor driver missed the Not Yield sign or the Not Stop sign. I expect such poorly executed campaigns from failing behemoths like GM or Northwest airlines.

Next campaign: Lexus we drive you up the wall. All your base are belong to us. Rabbits.

No comments: